Azureues / Java using up all cpu

Mostafa Z. Afgani mostafa.afgani at world.iu-bremen.de
Mon Nov 21 22:13:45 UTC 2005

Rick Lim wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm using Azureues 2.3.0.4 / Java 1.5.0.0.5
> When I do a top I see java using upto 98.4 of the cpu.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
> Is there something I have configured wrong??????

Works fine for me .. usually, the CPU usage is high initially - when
Azureus is checking the hash of the target file. When the file size is
large, the CPU usage can be close to 98% for quite some time (depending
on your machine specs). You could probably try:

Tools -> Options -> Files -> Performance Options

	 [x] Friendly hash checking

Don't forget to restart Azureus afterwords (File -> Restart Azureus)

HTH,
-M