[OT] DNSguruz pl help: whois structure, delegation & handling delegation with Tinydns.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 22 01:28:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 12:54 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> For those people have contact information in whois just
> results in harrassment without really being useful for people needing
> to solve network problems.

That's certainly true.  Sending spam to webmaster, hostmaster, or
postmaster addresses is a surefire way to get added to the spamfilter.
Mine get cluttered with crap.

>  For their purposes they can provide any contact
> information they think will be useful on their web pages.

Though, that's only going to be of any good when the webserver is
working.  Whois contact information would give someone a way to say,
"Hey, you're webserver is down," to the webmaster.

I read messages from the public lists.