Gnome error: could not launch icon

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Nov 22 07:12:51 UTC 2005

Hi List,

I recently updated 4 of my servers remotely. Stepping back to them, using
the GUI, i could not launch ANY application. All i get is the following
error message (sorry, translated from german...)

Could not launch icon
Details: Text was empty or kept only a space

Thats all. All my logs don't say anything about, so i tried already
deleting .gno* in /home/$USER -> i even deleted the whole /home/$USER,
both did not help.

Where is this error from? I just had it since i upgraded to Kernel 2.6.14
(the official one...) but i don't think it is the kernel...even selinux is
disabled on one machine...

Thx in advance,
Roger