BOINC RPMs

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Tue Nov 22 09:51:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 08:10 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 23:37 -0500, Randy Vice wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there are rpm packages for boinc and third party boinc
> > apps?  I would appreciate a URL if those rpm packages are out there.
> >
> > Randy
> >
> I don't think anyone made one.
> Just open them in your open directory and run them under screen. (That's
> what I do.)

There are tar balls of the source code and CVS available for download
from the main boinc site but most projects (I think) that use boinc have
a scripted version that you run in the directory you want it installed
to.

I have the 4.43 version installed and running and it just created a
folder under my home directory and installed it's files there.

What do you mean by 3rd party boinc apps? The projects? when you run
boinc and feed it your distributed computing project information it
automatically downloads the software to run the project as well as work.
I run the Climate Prediction project with minimal problems.

There are other applications around that users have created to monitor
boinc and multiple computers etc which are tar balls.