FC4 - KVM mouse needing reset

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Nov 22 23:38:08 UTC 2005

Doug Coats writes:

> I have a number of FC4 boxes set up as servers hooked up to a KVM
> switch.  Every once in a while when I go to use them at the machine
> the mouse is messed up.  It moves sporadically and acts as though I am
> clicking on things that I am not.
>
> Is there any way to reset the mouse from the command line without
> rebooting the machine? Thanks for your help!

This is happening here too, and all I have is a garden-variety PS/2 mouse.

This is likely to be some obscure race condition, or some timing issue with
some chipsets, somewhere in the PS/2 mouse kernel or xorg support.

When the mouse goes bonkers, let it go and wait about ten seconds without
moving or touching the mouse or the keyboard.  It should be fine again.