Configuring SA/Clamav/Exim - was Re: .zip, .exe attachments and spam assassin

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 10:06:29 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 2:06 am, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:39 AM -0600 Les Mikesell
>
> I second this recommendation. SA is great for spam but the wrong tool
> for viruses. You want ClamAV for that. It's in Extras. I, too, run it
> from MIMEDefang under sendmail, but you should be able to find an
> equivalent for postfix.

I've installed the rpms I think I need, i.e.
clamav-0.87.1-1.fc4
clamav-data-0.87.1-1.fc4
clamav-exim-0.86.2-5.fc4
clamav-lib-0.87.1-1.fc4
exim-4.54-1.fc4
exim-doc-4.50-1
exim-mon-4.54-1.fc4
exim-sa-4.54-1.fc4
spamassassin-3.0.4-2.fc4

Is there anything else I could do with?
Is there any idiot-proof HOWTOS on how to get these three to play
together?

(B.T.W. what happened to/what replaced kpackage for looking inside an
RPM)
--
Gary Stainburn