Yumex error

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Wed Nov 23 12:06:32 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:

> Would anybody know what this error means "error in transaction"
> its happening every time I try downloading a file and the 'output'
> screen says nothing,so I get no downloads.
>
>  Thanks david

Error in transaction means that an error happens in the following

1.  Downloading packages. (gpg check)
2. Transaction Test
3. The real transaction (Install, remove, update)

I look like yumex don't writes the error message when this error occaurs.
i have fixed it in CVS, so it will do so in the next release.

Try run 'yumex -d' as root from a console to start yumex in debug mode,
it make it easier to find out where in the process
the error occours.
I need to know what repos you have enabled and what packages you have
selected.

Tim