Manage software with yum

Joao Paulo Pires 198mdk at oninet.pt
Wed Nov 23 15:14:32 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,
In fact what I'm looking for is what files should I delete (e.g. lost files, unneccessary files or programs and programs I do not use anymore).
Obrigado, Joao

---------------------
Message: 16

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:43:24 +0000

From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>

 Subject: Re: Manage software with yum

To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

Joao Paulo Pires wrote:

> Manage software with yum - I am end user (home user). I already

> installed some stuff like: Xine, Xmms, Mplayer, Skype, NVU, aMule and

> others. Some with yum commands, other directly from repositories with

> the problem of dependencies. How can I delete some unnecessary software?

> I mean really eliminate. Each time I try with yum I am not well succeed.

> Any help?

Please be more specific. What are you trying to delete, and what goes

wrong when you try?

P.S. Please don't post in HTML on this mailing list.

Paul.