Welcome to the "fedora-list" mailing list

nusret nbalci_l at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 15:05:02 UTC 2005

Hi,
After upgrading my kernel to 2.6.14 (from redhat site,
not a customized kernel) from 2.6.12, the sound
doesn't work. It's found correctly (AC97, ICH5/ICH5R),
but no sound... When I downgrade to 2.6.12, soundcard
is detected correctly and sound is on again. The same
problem with 2.6.13. No problem from upgrading 2.6.11
to 2.6.12 though previously... I run KDE Desktop on
Fedora 4, but GNOME doesn't make any difference either
I guess...

Any suggestion?

(NOTE: I'm not a linux expert, so let me know if any
further info like output of some diagnostic tools,
etc. would be helpful. If so, please tell me what I
should in some detail.)

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Nusret