UBM-Scheme problem on Fedora 4

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Thu Nov 24 15:12:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

System: Fedora Core 4 with all updates

One of our lecturers has suddenly decided to use umb-scheme for a class
project. Of course he didn't check beforehand if umb-scheme was working
on our systems or any details on how to get it working if necessary.

Unfortunalely when you run umb-scheme it just seg faults with the
following error. Anybody got any ideas how to get it working.

[molloyt at keano ~]$ umb-scheme
Welcome to UMB Scheme, version 3.2  Copyright (c) 1988,1996 William R
Campbell.
UMB Scheme comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software and
you are free to redistribute it under certain conditions.
See the UMB Scheme Release Notes for details. Type Control-d to exit.

Fatal Error: Segmentation Violation.

Reset (Use Control-d to quit UMB Scheme)Loading /users/molloyt/.scheme...

==>

Thank you,

--

Tony Molloy.