AC'97 problem with kernel 2.6.14-1637 Re: Welcome to the "fedora-list" mailing list

nusret nbalci_l at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 15:30:11 UTC 2005

Hi Joao,
thanks for the suggestions. However the problem seem
to be different: when I boot on the kernel
2.6.12-1398, soundcad detection solves the problem and
I have the sound. But if I reboot on kernel
2.6.14-1637, soundcard is detected but no sound in
fact! For example Mplayer gives the error: alsa-init
failed, device busy  ...
When I try again, mplayer doesn't give any error, but
still no sound.
Namely my problem is not solved yet, so any suggestion
is welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,

Nusret

<20051124150502.74433.qmail at web36410.mail.mud.yahoo.com>