Problem with Compaq system

fedora-help fedora-help at website4you.ca
Fri Nov 25 17:28:09 UTC 2005

I am running Fedora code 4
My problem with the Compaq is that if I send the system an INIT 6 or
Reboot message the system will go down but not come back up it just sits
there after it has shut down.
I know that this used to be a problem with windows 95 and 98 and that it
had to do with Advanced power management system or something to that
effect.
When I started looking into the problem with fedora I have been coming
across many messages and issues with ACPI. I have tried many solutions
from changing my boot loader to changing my reboot commands, even added
a third party reboot command... Nothing has been working so now I turn
to the experts.
What can I do to rectify this problem.
This only seems to happen on my two Compaq systems. I have another
System that is running fine and I can reboot it normally.

Any help world be appreciated.
Regards
Eric