OOo 2.0 unable to read/save files on NFS mount

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 18:37:04 UTC 2005

I'm having a lot of network-related issues with OOo 2.0 (under FC4,
installed with the FC4 package) for the last week. The one I'd really
like to fix is this. I should stress that this worked fine for months,
until about a week ago. Basically, this is the problem:

1) do a File--Open.
2) Browse to an NFS-mounted folder.
3) Browsing works fine until I open a folder with documents in it.
Then OOo freezes.

Similarly, if I try to save a file to an NFS-mounted folder, OOo
freezes. I can read and write to the same folders with other
applications, without any problems. And OOo reads and writes to those
folders via SMB without problems (except when exporting PDFs).

In another side question: I'm also on the OpenOffice Users email list.
They often refuse to help out because I have installed OOo from the
Fedora package, which they claim is bad or suspect in some way. Is
there any truth to this?

Thanks,
Matt