Alsa Sound Problem.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Nov 25 21:25:13 UTC 2005

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
> i couldnt run alsamixer on FC1 :(
> dont know why but couldnt install it either.
> searched the database with yum (or apt-get version of Fedora), and found
> something called gmixer (a graphical one) but that didnt work :(
> so still have no sound.
> and its so boring!

FC1 doesn't use ALSA by default.  ALSA is something that you had to
change to and then configure.  Did it and it worked well.  I don't
know if you can find the RPM's anymore or not.

If you had asked this question about two months ago, I could have
given you all the details.  I may still have my FC1 / disk available
so I will check at home.