ethernet bridge connection

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Nov 26 00:51:04 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 01:40 +0200, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
> hi all,
> i have 2 computers in my home but dont have any hub or switch :(
> but luckily i have 2 ethernet cards in my desktop one onboard one
> extra.
> is it possible to have a bridge connection same as in windows xp.
> what should i do ?
> help me please.
>
> --

Mehmet,

Yes you can connect both computers with a special network cable that
plugs into each etheernet card.  The cable can be made easily just be
reversing the leads.

If you do not know how to reverse the leads or purchase one of these
special cables, it may be easier to purchase a cheap hub or switch; you
should be able to get one new for less than 50 dollars, I have seen
small ones sold on e-bay for less than 20 dollars.

Good Luck!!

Greg