upgraded from fc3 -> fc4 now, there is no internet?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 07:51:40 UTC 2005

Either Martin or Kahn Seidl wrote:
> eth0 comes up fine, picks up the ip address and is configured properly.
>
> But, I get no access to the internet?
>
> What should i check ?

/sbin/route
Check you have a default route
Check that you can ping the gateway on the default route.
(If not, try re-setting up eth0 with system-config-network).

ping 64.233.187.99
ping 72.14.207.99
ping 212.58.224.83
(Those are two Google addresses and one BBC). If you get a response from
any of them, then
ping www.bbc.co.uk
ping google.com
If you get a response, blame your browser: re-configure it.

If not, your DNS is broken: investigate.

If you don't get a response to pinging by IP address,
traceroute 212.58.224.83
and see how far you get.

Incidentally, it's better practice *not* to reply to list e-mails when
you start a new topic. As it is, your e-mail is now technically part of
another thread, and people who could help you might be ignoring that
thread.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Am I alone in receiving so much junk mail? Can these
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | people not get it into their thick heads that I do not