Screen power saving

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Nov 27 08:36:18 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 27 novembre 2005 à 14:50 +1030, Tim a écrit :
> On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 11:22 +0100, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> > Section "Device"
> >         Identifier  "Videocard0"
> >         Driver      "vesa"
> >         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
> >         BoardName   "VESA driver (generic)"
> > EndSection
>
> I wonder if it's because you're using the generic VESA driver?  The VESA
> man page only lists a limited set of options.
>
> Are you unable to find a specific driver for your video card?

I must say that i didn't think to that because the generic vesa driver
seems to work fine and i don't need good video performance. I will look
at that at work. If i remember well the specific driver would be intel
one i810 or i945 but last time i heard of these drivers it had some
problems, no ? Have i just to replace driver "vesa" by driver "i945" ?
Thanks

--
Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
<eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>