Burning ISO to discs

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 16:13:39 UTC 2005

--- Jonathan Gold <johnnyclock at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK. I've d'l'd the four FC4-i386-disc1 thru 4 dot
> ISO.
>
> I tried burning these to CD-Rs and found that I had
> only copied a
> file, not burned an image. I know the instructions
> say to use
> something like cdrecord, but I am unfamiliar with
> how to go about
> this.
>
> I am on a Win XPro machine and I have a dumbed down
> version of NERO
> called Nero Express.
>
> What exactly should I do to burn these iso images to
> CD-Rs?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

You can still use cdrecord in Windows, just go to
http://www.geoshock.com/cdrtools/
and snatch
http://www.geoshock.com/cdrtools/files/cdrtools-2.01.01a03-win32-bin.zip
extract in directory where the iso's reside and you
can burn from command prompt in windows.  If you want
a gui, then go get cdrfe which uses cdrecord as its
backend,
http://demosten.com/cdrfe/

Best Regards,

Antonio