YAYP - Yet Another Yum Problem

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Nov 27 17:29:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 08:26 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/27/05, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 20:22 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > For the past few days I have been confounded by the following when yum updating:
> > >
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libtunepimp.so.2 is needed by package kdemultimedia
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libdirectfb-0.9.so.22 is needed by package xine-lib
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libfusion-0.9.so.22 is needed by package xine-lib
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libdirectfb-0.9.so.22 is needed by package mplayer
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libdirect-0.9.so.22 is needed by package xine-lib
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: dbus-qt = 0.33-3.1.fc4.kde is needed by
> > > package dbus-devel
> > >
> > > I don't want to download the rpms because as I understand it that will
> > > break future yum updates. And I don't want to uninstall xine or
> > > mplayer. Any other solutions? Thank you.

The installed (but not being updated) packages kdemultimedia, xine-lib,
mplayer, and dbus-devel have dependencies that will be broken by an
update that is being attempted, thus these messages.  Exclude the
package that is doing the change (likely directfb) or wait for the
dependency issue to be fixed by the maintainers.