FC4 and expect

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Nov 27 19:07:36 UTC 2005

Dear List,

I upgraded our gateway firewall from FC1 to FC4 this weekend.
Everything is working perfectly except some 'expect' scripts that I used
to login to a old SCO box that does not have ssh.

The script worked perfectly on FC1, but on FC4 appears to stall at the
login prompt.  It appears to me that the script is not sending the
"$env(USER)\r".  I tried replacing the the env variable with the exact
user name, but the script continues to fail.

expect -exact "\r
login: "
send -- "$env(USER)\r"
expect -exact "$env(USER)\r
Password:"
send -- "$env(PUSER)\r"
expect -exact "\r

I reviewed our mailing list and did not see this reported so I thought I
would send this out to see if someone else has had the same problem.

Greg Ennis