gcc questions

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:46:08 UTC 2005

On 11/27/05, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 02:47:39PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> >   Program('filename.c',LIBS='m')
>
> To set something like CFLAGS, SCons gets a tiny bit more complicated. You
> have to set up an "environment" first, and set the CFLAGS within that
> environment. Something like this:
>
> env = Environment(CCFLAGS = '-g -Wall -pedantic')
> env.Program('filename.c',LIBS='m')
>

> Another handy trick -- to force everything to rebuild, you can type "scons
> -c" and it'll delete all the output-stuff, leaving you with your source
> files in a clean directory.

That IS rather what I am trying to do, however, as my purpose is to
concentrate on learning the C language for school work and not for
building nightly KDE's (yet!) I'm going to stick with the simple gcc.
I spent a few hours reading up on make and other things today and I
see that I am moving further away from my goal (to learn C).

But I will certainly return to read this in a few weeks, when I have
progressed further and rather understand excatly what I am doing.
Thank you VERY much for sharing what obviously took you years to
learn.

Wow, those wimps using Turbo C on winboxs have no ideas what they're missing!

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/what_is_a_router.html