hijack audio

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 00:26:37 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 00:11, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sun November 27 2005 6:58 pm, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 November 2005 23:42, Claude Jones wrote:
> > > If anyone is familiar with the Mac program, Hijack, I'm looking for a
> > > Linux equivalent. It's little utility that allows you to capture audio
> > > streams. Anyone know of such? I'm googling, but so far have come up
> > > with nothing.
> >
> > One that I have used is Kaffeine a frontend for Xine, it allows you to
> > Record streams which I have done many times, Video and streaming Audio,
> > perhaps this maybe what you are looking for.
> > I am sure there must be others out there as well.
>
> Colin: I didn't know Kaffeine could do that. I just opened it up, but the
> record stream function is greyed out. Maybe I need to install a plug-in.
> Looking now. Thanks for the pointer.

OK, not sure why the Record button is greyed out, FYI my related packages come
from livna:

[g6avk at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa|grep kaffeine
kaffeine-mozilla-0.2-0.lvn.1.fc4
kaffeine-0.7.1-0.lvn.3.4
[g6avk at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa|grep xine-lib
xine-lib-devel-1.1.0-0.lvn.6.4
xine-lib-1.1.0-0.lvn.6.4

Goodluck,

Colin
--
Fedora Core 4, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.15-rc2-ck2
KDE-Redhat-3.5.0-0.2.fc4.kde