YAYP - Yet Another Yum Problem

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 01:45:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 20:54 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/27/05, Christopher A. Williams <chrisw01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Is one of the packages you are trying to update directfb? If so, are you
> > using any packages from Livna.org? If both of these are the case, this
> > would make sense. Livna's versions of xine, mplayer, etc. seem to have
> > directfb dependencies. I noticed there is an update in the Livna queue,
> > but it's apparently not yet ready.
> >
> > I know this is the case for me. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait
> > for the Livna folks to catch up.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Chris
>
> I'm not too sure about directfb, but I do have livna's repo listed. I
> recently had to disablerepo=livna because of problems at their end,
> but now I can't update with or without that parameter.

Disabling Livna will not get rid of any dependencies of packages from
Livna that are already installed.

I did some additional digging because I have Livna enabled as well and
confirmed the culprit is indeed directfb. If you exclude it, the
remaining updates should fly. In the meantime, I'll see about posting a
bug to Livna's Bugzilla system (if someone hasn't already done this) to
try and speed the process along.

Cheers,

Chris

--