getting xdvi package

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Mon Nov 28 05:53:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:20:52 +0530
Pushparaj Shetty <prajshetty at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> I am not finding xdvi package on my fedora core. i used the following
> methods to install xdvi
> 1. #yum install xdvi - this did not work. - says no match for xdvi
> I also tried to update using my fodora core installation cd. - didnt
> work. Please tell me how do i get this package.
>
> thanks
> Pushparaj

Hello :)
Try:
yum install tetex-xdvi

I ran rpm -qf /usr/bin/xdvi, and I got the following:
tetex-xdvi-2.0.2-21.3

Also, if you would like to rebuild from the SRPM, you would need the
tetex package.  All of these packages are available from:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/tetex-xdvi-2.0.2-21.i386.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/SRPMS/tetex-2.0.2-21.src.rpm

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: I am running Fedora Core 3.  Since I have no need for xdvi, it
must have been installed by default.  I do know that is is on the
Fedora Core 3 iso's somewhere......