getting xdvi package

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 08:14:20 UTC 2005

Pushparaj Shetty wrote:
> I am not finding xdvi package on my fedora core. i used the following
> methods to install xdvi
> 1. #yum install xdvi - this did not work. - says no match for xdvi
> I also tried to update using my fodora core installation cd. - didnt work.
> Please tell me how do i get this package.

For what it's worth, the command
yum search xdvi
will give you a list of candidate packages, with descriptions: most of
which end with the advice
    If you are installing tetex, you will also need to install
    tetex-afm (a PostScript(TM) font converter for TeX), tetex-dvips
    (for converting .dvi files to PostScript format for printing on
    PostScript printers), tetex-latex (a higher level formatting package
    which provides an easier-to-use interface for TeX), and tetex-xdvi
    (for previewing .dvi files in X). Unless you are an expert at using
    TeX, you should also install the tetex-doc package, which includes
    the documentation for TeX.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Examiner: How does an AC motor start?
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Student: vrrrrrrrrrrRrRRRRRRR...