Please suggest a fedora core 4 compatible wireless card

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 28 11:05:12 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters:
>> In some cases - it is the FCC that may actually be at fault.
>> The FCC has regulations on what devices can be user configurable - with
>> respect to how much power can be sent to the antenna.

John Summerfied:
> I gather that if the source for the HAL (the firmware) were released,
> then (evil) hackers could hack on it and use the devices to interfere
> with air traffic control and (maybe) military.

I think that hackers can figure out how to be a nuisance, anyway.  All
the FCC is achieving is some limits on some people, while imposing
annoyances on others.

For instance, here (in Australia) it's permissible to transmit what you
like, how you like it, so long as your transmissions don't emit from
your property (e.g. imagine inside a large metal-construction factory
building, where circumstances needed higher than normal power for it to
work, but not *that* high that it'll cause problems to outsiders).

I read messages from the public lists.