Ferrari 3400 only at 800MHz?

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 28 14:10:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 09:02 -0500, Mark Greenbank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Core 3 on a Ferrari 3400 and when I display /proc/cpuinfo
> it only shows 800MHz. Is it really only running at 800MHz or is this
> some anomoly?
>
> How can I get the processor to run at 2GHz?

I think you see 800MHz because the cpuspeed daemon is active and if the
laptop is idle it dynamically throttles down the cpu to save the
battery. Once you start something big like OpenOffice.org Writer than
you can see that it will jump up to 2GHz. There is a nice little gnome
app that sits in the taskbar and shows you at which speed the cpu runs.

OT: I have the Ferrari 4000. Have you by any chance been successful to
make the bluetooth and WiFi hard buttons on the front of the laptop to
work? If so, can you please tell me how you did it?

Regards,
Patrick