FC3 installation failure -- No Drives Found

peter wu pwu95 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 19:28:22 UTC 2005

Hi, all,

  When I try to install FC3, I get the warning, "No hard drives have been  found. You probably need to manually choose device drivers for the  installation to succeed. Would you like to select drivers now?" If I  choose a device, or just go ahead with installation, I get to Disk  Partitioning Setup. When I ask for automatic partitioning, I get this  message: "No Drives Found: An error has occurred. No valid devices were  found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware  for the cause of this problem." Then installation fails.

  My question is: I already have FC4, but why FC3 installation would not  recognize hard drive and how can I resolve this? (I want to install FC3  because one program is not forward-compatible. Please don't say "Use  FC4.")

  Thanks for your help, in advance.

  --peter