vulnerability of Linux

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Nov 28 20:47:18 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 14:40, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I've seen a lot of problems with updates (which is actually why
> we do local QA on them before pushing them out), but few
> crippling ones. And even those could be easily worked-around by
> reinstalling the old package if needed.

Believe me, having to "undo" a broken update is more of pain than
waiting a few days to see which natural disaster is reported on the
Fedora list from the latest xorg, selinux, or kernel update.  Just
issue the yum update command when the weather clears and you'll
catch all those configuration file changes too.

Regards, Mike Klinke