fc5 goals

Eric TANGUY Eric.Tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Mon Nov 28 22:02:56 UTC 2005

Le lundi 28 novembre 2005 à 11:56 -0800, Peter Gordon a écrit :
> Josh Coffman wrote:
> > Anyone know where to find documentation about the
> > goals and improvements intended for FC5?
>
> You might want to take a look at FC5Future[1] on the Wiki, as well.
>
> [1] http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future
>
> --Peter

Why there is so much java package included in fc5 ?
No news about early login or something like that ?
Why kde is still included in core whereas it could be in extras ?
Why some packages go directly in core and not in extras before ? Because
they were packaged by someone from redhat ? Is it sufficient ???

I saw the long discussion about what to include in or not in fc5 but maybe
the problem will be the goal of fedora ?

Is this product mainly for developpers form redhat ?

yes i know i'm joking but in fact it could be a good question, no ? Thanks

Eric