tricks about Another Dual boot question

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 00:38:09 UTC 2005

Hi Mike,

I figure out how to get it work.

1) type grub-install

the screen will show the many options available within
grub

2) then type grub-install --force-lba /dev/hda1
instead of grub-install /dev/had1
3) then type exit
4) then remove the CD
5) type exit(again)
6) the machine will reboot  and grub interface shows
up two options: linux and dos.

I select linux and it goes to linux.
Compared to booting from floppy it will take a much
longer time to go to linux for the first time. But
after this it takes much short time to boot to linux.

Thanks,

Li