YAYP - Yet Another Yum Problem

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 01:54:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:27 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/28/05, Christopher A. Williams <chrisw01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Disabling Livna will not get rid of any dependencies of packages from
> > Livna that are already installed.
> >
> > I did some additional digging because I have Livna enabled as well and
> > confirmed the culprit is indeed directfb. If you exclude it, the
> > remaining updates should fly. In the meantime, I'll see about posting a
> > bug to Livna's Bugzilla system (if someone hasn't already done this) to
> > try and speed the process along.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Chris
>
> Thank you. I was able to update with this command:
> yum --exclude=directfb --exclude=libtunepimp --exclude=dbus-qt update
>
> This is the second time that Livna has caused problems in the past
> month. Would it be wise to switch to Dag? I know how important his
> repo is to him, he even once helped me fix a dependancy problem
> personally. The only reason that I dont use his repo now is because I
> dont want to break Extras.

I wouldn't be so hard on Livna. I like Dag and what RPM Forge has to
offer as well.

I wish all of them would frankly patch up their differences and work
together. It seems, unfortunately, too many flames and egos of people
dead set in a certain way of doing things have gotten in the way of
that.

Ironically, the required updates from Livna were posted today. You
should be able to update everything now.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Only two things are infinite,