Size optimization of a HTML document

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 29 15:07:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 12:53 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Is there some way of optimize the size of a HTML document?

Obvious answer:  Don't put anything into it that doesn't need to be
there.

Removing lots of blank spaces and end-of-lines may reduce the size of an
already incredibly huge document somewhat, but aren't going to make a
huge difference to the average document, size-wise.  Data compression
during transmission can probably take care of that for you, anyway.  If
you were going down that road, I'd only bother removing multiple blanks
and returns, not all of them.

I read messages from the public lists.