Network Perfomance

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Nov 29 16:51:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 09:09 -0600, Peter Dominey wrote:
> It has to be some configuration issue, I'm thinking. I am getting really
> lousy network performance, particularly evidenced when using Firefox to
> the Internet. I have followed the information I could find in FAQ'd etc
> and changed my /etc/sysctl.conf file:

I found performance improved considerably with a vanilla kernel. Why? I
haven't a clue. YMMV. Have you installed the caching name server?

BTW, Verizon requires Windows for FIOS. I don't have FIOS (yet) so I
have no way of determining what the Linux issues are.

--
Our DNSRBL -
       Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.php