upgraded from fc3 -> fc4 now, there is no internet?

Kahn Seidl mkseidl at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:12:03 UTC 2005

>From: James Wilkinson <fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk>
>To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: upgraded from fc3 -> fc4 now, there is no internet?
>Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:51:40 +0000
>
>Either Martin or Kahn Seidl wrote:
> > eth0 comes up fine, picks up the ip address and is configured properly.
> >
> > But, I get no access to the internet?
> >
> > What should i check ?
>
>/sbin/route
>Check you have a default route

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am able to ping the router.  It picks up an ip address fine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>Check that you can ping the gateway on the default route.
>(If not, try re-setting up eth0 with system-config-network).
>
>ping 64.233.187.99
>ping 72.14.207.99
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On this, it gives me "connect: Network is unreachable"
When I traceroute the router it says "socket: Permission denied"
When I traceroute google or anybody else, I get the network is unreachable
my other laptop is easily on the same network, and i have had this laptop
working
on this network.  Just since I did an upgrade on fc3 -> fc4.