playing audio CDs on FC4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Nov 30 03:34:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 13:23 +1000, Craig Preston wrote:
> If the sound card is an onboard one, the motherboard will have the plug
> on it somewhere. Time to find the manual :)

Unfortunately - some no longer even ship with it.
Most do.

I really think this is something that needs to be fixed - the trend in
OEM's to not supply the audio cable because Windows doesn't need it is
growing.

I seem to remember that xmms had a plugin that could play audio tracks
from a CD through xmms rather than the audio cable.