Logwatch problem

Franck Y franck110 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:17:11 UTC 2005

Scoot,

Don't woory i'm not the kind of guy who will spy everyone's life.
Loftstory makes the job.

I' m the only user who can send mail and receive mail from this computer.
But i don't know where mails are going because some day, some mails
are sent and i don't have any idea, who sent it? And the more
important i think to whom!

Franck

On 11/29/05, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 21:43, Franck Y wrote:
> > Yes its a kind of what i m looking at.
> > I will try it !
> > I m worried of whats happenning in the network !
> >

> If you implement milter-bcc you need to set some policies at your site
> which may or may not be required by law depending on where you are.  In
> general it would be a good idea to notify all users that such measures
> may be put in place.  Including this in the company handbook which is
> typically signed off by all employees is an appropriate place.  And you
> should run this by your corporate lawyers to verify if there are any
> local issues preventing such actions.
>
> At the very least you will need to place controls around who has access
> to any email that is retained as well as putting policies in place on
> how long you retain such copies.
>
> Implementing milter-bcc is fairly easy.  Setting up the policies and
> rules around it is actually more difficult and more work.
>
> Remember, as a sysadmin you have great power as well as great
> responsibility.  :)
>
> Use it wisely.
>

> --

Franck