Volume control is missing in KDE

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:49:17 UTC 2005

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:

> First is two the trash bin appeared on the desktop one is for Gnome
> and another is for KDE, how to combine it into one ?

kde (3.4 and newer) implements the "Trash Specification" referenced at
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards

Not sure what gnome's implementation is.

> Second is volume control is missing in KDE but KDE detected my machine
> has sound card. How to add it back into the panel ?

Right click kicker -> Add to Panel -> Applet -> Arts Control
or
Right click kicker -> Add to Panel -> Applet -> Sound Mixer

Sound mixer is more complicated, but has more functionality.

-- Rex