Newbie

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:43:36 UTC 2005

Solomon wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed Fedora 4 on my desktop computer and the installation
> went well.  I haven't set it up as a server, so now I can only
> send/receive my pop email only on my desktop.  I want to be able to
> send/receive on my laptop.  My question is how do I accomplish that?
> Solomon

If you are talking about both on your laptop and desktop for the same
account without imap, this may work for you.

Using Mozilla as a mail client on both computers, what I have done is
use Unison (in extras) as a synchronizer between the two computers.
When I log into the laptop, I run unison and then make sure that the
mozilla directory is synced between the two computers.  Before logging
out, I do the same.

I have used unison for other things as well.

Robin