The plague has returned

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 20:13:34 UTC 2005

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:11 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

It is not impossible to find out which subscriber is responsible for
this.

Here is one of the headers:

> From: AntiSpam UOL <petsupermarket.sspam at uol.com.br>
> Date: Nov 30, 2005 3:01 PM
> Subject: RE: Re: Getting a text file rid of all superfluous blank lines
> To: phhs80 <phhs80 at gmail.com>

If the list manager sends each subscriber one (1) one message with a
subject matter dependent on the subscriber, like

Subject: This message sent to Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net

then a few challenges would come back, each identifying a subscriber.

I, for one, am willing to put up with one (1) one message like that
in order to fix this.

> Posting this kind of stuff to the list is just exacerbating the problem.
>
> Thomas

Hopefully, this one message clarifies a misconception you have.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.