Wireless driver for FC4 64 bit - Broadcom 802.11g

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Nov 30 21:01:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Mark Symmes wrote:

> Patrick,
> I just followed your advice.  Thanks.
>
> But I am running the 64 bit kernel for FC4 and the ndiswrapper will not
> install the Broadcom 32 bit windows driver.
> It says it is installed and working but dmesg shows it did not install.
> Is there a 64 bit windows driver.  The Acer Ferrari 3200 uses the Broadcom
> 4306 which I think is different
> than what is in your new Ferrari 4000.

There is a way to do this with 64bit. Find the 64bit Windows drivers for
the Broadcom chipset and use that.  If you cannot find it, contact me off
list and I will dig out the location for the driver.

I have used it and it does work.  (I need to reinstall it on this machine,
in fact.)

--
#/sbin/fsck /dev/brain
Errors found. Cannot continue. Please run fsck manually without -A option.