[OT] Route Planner

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Nov 30 22:20:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Richard England wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:

> >>Hardly.  Any vehicle that doesn't have a registration and/or has a
> >>maximumspeed under 80km/h (50mph) is not allowed on highways in france.
> >>

> >E.g. bicycle.
> >

> Ah, interesting.  The things I learn.  Then it seems to be the
> definition of "highway" that is different. In the states we would call
> them freeways or interstates.  So you were looking for side roads.

Highway, like dinner, has more than one definition.
Sometimes one can pick correctly from context.

Also, someone going cross-country in a tank generally
isn't interested in whether the tank is allowed on the road.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death