persian script name for folder in vfat partition

sadid sadidsahami at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:40:57 UTC 2005

Hello!
I have you have enough time to read this e-mail:
I am one of your FC4 users and use FC4 inside windows XP (I am biginner
in linux)
my native language is Persian(./Kurdish) and I have a problem with
Persian name of files in vaft partitions that i mounted those with this
code in fstab file:_*
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/C vfat noouto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
*_when I try to creat a folder or file with Persian script recieve this
message:

/_The item can not be renamed
_/
/_sorry, couldn't rename the ...
*Note:*_/in ext3 partitions i havn't this problem and creat folder with
persian name easier and more beutiful than XP (with select suitable font)