nvidia or ati ?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 4 15:54:02 UTC 2005

Neal Becker wrote:
> I _strongly_ recommend the nvidia driver packaged by livna.  rpms.livna.org,
> IIRC.

Two computers up and running with FC4 installs on the weekend using
nVidia.  Used the livna drivers this time.  Used to use the nVidia
files in the past but thought I would try the rpms.  No problems.

I went to nVidia after spending three weeks trying to get an ATI 9600
working using the ATI drivers.  No luck.  Less than 30 minutes from
cashier to fulling working nVidia card in FC1.

--
Robin Laing