sshdfilter

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Oct 5 12:19:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 09:40 -0700, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:

>     map> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 21:00 -0700, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
>     >> Has anyone ported sshdfilter to FC4? It seems like such a useful
>     >> program now that I'm getting lots of ssh-based attacks.
>     >>
>     >> http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/sshdfilter/
>     map>
>     map>
>     map> From that page"
>
> Sorry, I don't see any support for FC4 in the latest, development
> release, v1.3.5. I see support for FC3, Debian 3.1 and a version of
> Red Hat 7(?), but no FC4 support.
>
> Where did you see the FC4 support? Did I miss it?
>
> Thanks.
FC3 and FC4 are the same where it matters.
This is all perl based and works for me.  I just installed it 2 days ago
on FC4 using the FC3 part.

The one thing I need to fix is the number of allowed tries on accounts
with UID < 500.  It presently allows up to 6 tries on root from a single
IP.
Note, he also has released it as GPL so anyone can assist in making it
better.