fedora-list Digest, Vol 20, Issue 38

valentin antonescu valduboisvert at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 16:01:19 UTC 2005

>>  Can anybody give me some hints about how to
convince
>> bash to behave the same?
>
>Not sure this answers your question...
>
>Well, you could either just type the command, filling
>several lines. Or
>you could end each line with a \ to continue on the
>next.
>
>Lars

 First thank you very much for your answer. Alas, as
you already guessed, this doesn't address my problem.
Let me try to explain it again. Long command lines are
 supposed to be scrolled by bash. That is, when your
cursor reaches the very right-hand side of the window,
bash should continue the command on the next line. In
my case bash doesn't behave like this and I have no
ideea why.

 Val