How to setup RHFC4 to send/recv email to Exchange server?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Oct 6 18:22:38 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 06.10.2005 schrieb Gavin Li um 19:48:

> I have a outlook email client running at windows2000 to send/recv email from
> Exchange server. Now I have another PC running RHFC4, I want to use this PC
> to send/recv my email. How can I do it? What setup do I need?

Please note that there is nothing called "RHFC4". It is FC4 or in long
form Fedora Core 4. The Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat but it is
not owned by them. Please see the first sentences at top of

http://fedora.redhat.com/

> Probably it is a silly question, but I really don't know how to do it.
> Is there anyone so kindly to give me some info.

Your Exchange server has to be configured to not only offer MAPI, but
IMAP/POP3 and SMTP. Ask its administrator to provide that. Then take any
mail client you like, i.e. Evolution or Thunderbird or KMail and set it
up with the address data of the Exchange server.

Alexander

Serendipity 20:15:46 up 7 days, 5:11, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18