FC4 (Gnome vs KDE) app loading

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Sat Oct 8 01:21:58 UTC 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 8:19 pm, Rex Dieter wrote:
> One explanation could be that both firefox and OOo are using gtk/gnome
> UIs, so it's libraries are already loaded when in the gnome environment.

Hello Rec,

Good point but it's definetely not what's happening. It also happens with QT
based applications as well (like Kmail etc).  I installed FC4 on a new laptop
HD. I event went back to my old HD (which had FC2) and tried the same
exercises and everything was fine (using KDE and starting the same
applications).

thanks,
Jorge