[Fwd: FC4 screen resolution problem]

Jean François Ortolo ortolojf at free.fr
Tue Oct 11 22:07:44 UTC 2005

I fully apologize

  The problem I got with the highest screen resolutions, disappears when
I startx as root.

  The fact is, after installing the nVidia IA32 driver, I removed the
last DRI item in the xorg.conf, and I don't remember exactly what it is.

  This is the last item in this file, after the Screen paragraph.

  Afterwards, I removed the nVidia driver with the 'nvidia-installer
-uninstall' program.

  May I be allowed, to ask for you to send to me, an example of this
last DRI item in xorg.conf ?

  I recall this was for permissions purpose, but I don't remember
exactly the syntax.

  Thank you very much.

  Best regards.

  Jean Francois Ortolo