Internet Vs Intranet server

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Oct 14 02:48:09 UTC 2005

--On Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:16 PM +1000 Maung Nanda Linn Aung
<nandalinnaung at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not have to actually go online to the internet. Actually, it's a
> simulation work i have to do for my school course.. So, i have to
> include all basic services that are with the OS which now is fedora
> core 4.. The more services i can conclude in my project, the better i
> guess.. honestly, i want to know the differentiated services in
> between internet and intranet server..

Just about any service can be used either way, but I avoid exposing
passwords on the wire across the Internet, which rules out some things.
That's why telnet is generally discouraged.

What are you trying to simulate? Real servers have just about every
imaginable combination of service, from bare-bones to fully-loaded. Some
run a single dedicated service while others are a christmas tree.